Welcome to www.MaterialOptimization.com
Brought to you by Wolf Consulting, Inc.
Wolf Consulting, Inc. is the industry leader in the development, sales, and support of PC-based
material optimization and
planning software products. Material optimization helps companies
quickly improve their coil and sheet material utilization, while reducing planning time and production cost.
To learn more about our software products and services, please choose one of the links below
How Can Optimization Software Help Me?
- Coils and sheet material can represent up to 80% of your total material costs. Even a small reduction in
scrap or inventory costs will have a significant impact on your bottom line and profitability. Optimization
software can directly improve your material utilization while reducing the time and effort in production
- Your competition is continually implementing new processes to reduce their production costs. Using
optimization software ensures that you always minimize your material costs and effort.
- "I have a number of other important projects that must be completed -- why should I look at optimization
software now?" An optimization software project is one of the most promising cost reduction projects that you
can implement. The time required to evaluate and implement optimization software is minimal, while the
paybacks are substantial!
Our Software Products
- Determine the optimal master coil or sheet sizes required to produce your parts at the lowest cost.
- Determine the optimal shearing or slitting patterns and cut sequences.
- Are easy to implement and achieve significant cost reductions for your company.
- Reduces scrap loss and improved material yields.
- Reduces number of master coil or master sheet sizes.
- Reduces planning time and effort to shear, slit, and produce parts.
- Reduces inventory and carrying costs.
- Improves job estimating or production scheduling.
- Provides quick analysis of cost and material requirements.
- The typical payback period for the SCOPE and COMPASS optimization software products is 1 to 4 months.
Reduce Scrap Loss
Our SCOPE and COMPASS optimization software products will help you to analyze your material requirements and
determine the optimal usage of your existing materials or the best materials to purchase for you to purchase
and maintain in inventory.
Our SCOPE and COMPASS optimization software products will help you to determine which inventory will optimally
produce a given production demand.
Reducing the number of different master coils or sheets that you inventory has significant benefits and savings
potential. Not only do you reduce carrying costs by choosing the optimal sizes to inventory, you also reduce
your scrap, transportation costs, and the number of setups required.
Additional savings may also be realized in material costs. Many suppliers reward customers who purchase larger
amounts of like material vs. the equivalent amount in disparate sizes.
Reduces planning time and effort
By using computers and specialized optimization algorithms, the extremely time-consuming process of manually
selecting the best coil/sheet sizes or the best cutting/slitting patterns is dramatically reduced.
Whether you are bidding on a large job or already have one in-house, you can benefit from optimization. Our SCOPE
and COMPASS optimization software products can quickly provide you with the information you need to estimate a
job. And when you book that job, you have the reports in hand to show you the optimal way to produce it. It's
a great way to get a leg up on your competition.
Evaluate Equipment Purchases
What is the best type of equipment to produce my part blanks? Do I utilize coils and a cut-to-length line,
slear, or simply shear the parts out of master sheets? Should I buy a 48", 60" or 72" coil line to give me
the optimal material usage?
Our SCOPE and COMPASS optimization software products can assist you in determining the optimal equipment to
produce your parts. By comparing the results of different "what-if" scenarios, you can quickly determine the most
cost effective way to produce your parts and accurately estimate your return on investment.
Want to Learn More?
For more information about our optimization software products or consulting services, call
724-325-2900 x4, or
contact us today.